Thursday, January 23, 2014

When Craving for that Norwegian Salmon Kicked-in...



When you are up to fulfill the usual routine that you do every day and suddenly a powerful desire to consume a specific food kicked-in and distract your attention, do you control and extinguish your cravings or you just simply give in?

For me, it depends on the food that I am yearning for. When I crave for my sinful fatty desires and heavenly sweet treats, I try really hard to destroy the temptation and avoid the triggers by taking a power nap to let it go. Brushing my teeth or eating few nuts works but not all the time. Speaking of cravings, according to Marcia Pelchat, PhD, of the Monell Center “You crave what you eat, so if you switch what you’re eating, you can weaken your old cravings and strengthen new ones." 

Stress is a huge trigger for cravings and cravings sneak up when we’re tired. This explains why I craved for that Norwegian Salmon sautéed lightly in generous amount of non-fat butter in the middle of the workload that I'm trying to accomplish today. No, I won’t even try to avoid it nor distract the temptation. Seafood longing is healthy and guilt-free, I have to give in to this beautiful tasteful craving and act immediately because cravings, according to study, typically last for only 10 minutes. I was sad when I check the fridge, I wished I have time to go to the grocery and shop for it but none.  I hoped there's mail order seafood and deliveries and was surprised and when I checked online. There is! …And it would just take overnight. 

So, in the meantime, I would just settle to look at the serene picture of my Norwegian Salmon recipe to somehow remind me of the taste, maybe this would help pave away my craving, lol!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...