Thursday, November 3, 2011

Liempo (Pork Belly), Charcoal Grilled on Baler Beach



Braving the big waves on the beach was fulfilling!

Somehow, it defines freedom.

Yes, I been on a holiday for three days and I missed y'all.

I tried surfing in Baler, Aurora.

My surfing experience was super cool! I'll post it on my travel website, Gest to Utopia.

Much cooler were the affordable and fresh foods!

My perfect getaway in a breezy, laid-back beach was perfect with charcoal grilled pork belly.


That was our lunch while surfing in Baler's big waves.

Although I think gourmet food is much better, grilled foods are easiest to do on the beach.

Well, I think I need to level up.

Im planning to make gourmet food for y'all.

Wait until I got my kitchenaid food processor parts.







Ingredients:

1 1/2 kilograms pork belly (liempo) with skin on, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
1 head garlic, minced or crushed
3 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup calamansi extract


 Procedure:

Marinate pork belly in a bowl with the mixture of all of the above remaining ingredients for at least 1 hour.

Roast both sides over medium heat charcoal, brush with marinade from time to time. until skin is crisp and crackling.

Chop into bite-size pieces. Serve with hot steamed rice and cucumber salad.





This dish is usually served with a dipping sauce of vinegar with a bit of crushed garlic, onion and/or hot pepper mixed in.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...